Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Doily-ing It Up

For years, I have had these old crocheted doilies sitting in a box gathering dust. I couldn't imagine in what universe there would be a use for such a traditional, old-fashioned item to ever be used. I prefer the minimalistic and clean lines of contemporary style. To me doilies always went down the rustic country kitchen road, which is not my cup of tea.

When, a couple of months ago, ACOT had a trends/techniques challenge to use a doily in a Layout I was surprised. "I have one of those!" was my first thought. My supplies are limited as I have only been scrapbooking seriously for a couple of years and have yet to accumulate all of the many embellishments and tools everyone else seems to have.

I thought about using it; but, was never inspired to actually use it for that challenge.

Now, many months later, I have embraced my doily and given it a chance in my scrapbooking world! Here is the result:


Overall, I was impressed with the look and feel of it and think that I will definitely try doily-ing it up again in the future. Now, though, it has got me thinking...what other long forgotten "useless" stuff do I have tucked away in my house just waiting to be used on my layouts?

1 comment:

  1. I have doilies in my stash too... they're fun to use as masks! Love the LO!

    ReplyDelete