Friday, May 6, 2011

Ultrasound Card

I've been really into card making this week. I had a great idea to create a card/announcement for my in-laws with a picture of our recent ultrasound for our new little boy.

The difficult thing about ultrasound pictures is that they are not easily preserved and will fade easily due to the way they are printed and the type of paper they are printed on. I could have printed a copy off; but, wanted it to have that authentic appeal. In my stash of scraps, I located some clear packaging backing and created a little "pocket" in which I could slide a copy of the picture between the card and clear film without worrying about how adhesives would warp or damage the ultrasound.

Then with some ricrac, buttons, 3-D tag stickers and my Cricut Create, I was able to create the card front face below:



To give the card that little something extra, I decided to decorate the back side as well. Knowing it won't be the "display" side. I created a similar feel with the buttons and ric rac then used a cute quote about grandparents and the basic baby information (due date and ultrasound date) to pull it all together.



Overall, I am super proud of this card and wanted to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment